Rural Women’s Development Society (RWDS) works in the West Bank and Gaza Strip with the mission of creating a women’s movement in Palestinian rural areas that is capable of claiming and developing women’s social, economic and political rights in order to achieve our vision of equality between women and men, boys and girls.
“Engaging Communities in Transforming Domestic Violence Against Women,” is a 24 month project developed by RWDS and our Danish partner LOKK (The Network of Women’s Shelters in Denmark) and funded by CISU that will be implemented in 16 villages in Bethlehem, Ramallah/Jerusalem, Nablus, and the Gaza Strip. This project is a core part of RWDS’ program area of Violence Prevention and aims to create awareness about the social consequences of VAW/DV and how to combat it at different levels. This will be done through complementary activities in Capacity Building, Service Provision and Advocacy that engage women, men, youth and local decision makers.
To support this project, RWDS is seeking a qualified, creative and goal-oriented candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Ramallah, with some travel to other areas in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jordan
Duration: 24 months, with possibility of extension
This position reports to the RWDS General Director and Director of Programs and works closely with RWDS project staff and LOKK so that implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project are done in accordance with the guidelines of CISUthrough the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide overall management and guidance for project, act as main link between LOKK and RWDS
- Work with LOKK and RWDS Finance Department on quarterly budgeting and finance reporting, ensuring that the project’s budget lines are followed
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) procedures in coordination with LOKK, oversee collection and analysis of M&E data; contribute to the development and writing of project reports, oversee final external evaluation
- Design professional development trainings and other joint activities with LOKK
- Write and translate project documents, including curriculum materials for staff trainings (English to Arabic/Arabic to English)
- Manage project staff, including facilitation of monthly meetings; assist with hiring new project staff
- Oversee the development of resource and communications materials related to project, including a resource website on violence prevention
- Organize and coordinate logistics for multiple events and workshops, including staff trainings/workshops in Jordan and Palestine, visits by LOKK and 2 conferences (in West Bank and Gaza)
- Work to develop the project in order to secure additional funding with RWDS/LOKK staff
- Other tasks as necessary for success of project
● Masters Degree in a relevant field (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Women’s Studies.)
● At least 5 years of professional experience in social services or counselling. Prior work with women/girls who have experienced violence is mandatory.
● Fluency in English and Arabic; strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to translate technical/training documents
● Previous professional experience in Project Cycle Management, Logical Framework Approach (LFA), project planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation
● Firm understanding of budgeting processes and project financial management,
● Ability to effectively manage 10-12 project staff and relations with foreign partners, including delegation of tasks
● Knowledge of / previous experience in at least one of the following areas: social services for women; counseling/intervention methods for women who experience violence; professional development for Social Workers; Violence Prevention and Education ; political campaigns or advocacy work around violence/women’s rights; event planning
● Computer skills: sound knowledge of standard software (mainly MS Office)
● Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills; highly organized/strong coordination skills; able to set priorities, work systematically towards goals, both independently and as part of a team; effective networking skills and ability to build long-term relationships, Ability to work creatively around sensitive social issues and to maintain confidentiality where needed.
● Possess a valid driver’s license; own car preferred; ability to travel throughout West Bank
Salary DOE and includes health insurance.
Only short listed candidates will be invited to interviews. This is an equal opportunity position and qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.